Credit Union History
The roots of the credit union began when a group of teachers, seeing a need for low cost credit, decided to form a credit union. On June 16, 1938 this group held a meeting and the credit union was formed with a federal charter. In 1966, along with a charter change from a federal to a state credit union, the name was changed to Trinity Valley Teachers Credit Union, as the counties served at that time all bordered the Trinity River. The primary goals of the credit union are to provide a reliable source of credit and financial services for its members at a reasonable cost.
To be eligible for membership in Trinity Valley Teachers Credit union, you must be a teacher, school employee, board member, or retired teacher in Anderson, Freestone, Leon, Madison, Grimes or Trinity counties. Also eligible for membership are employees of the Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility in Palestine and the Anderson County Central Appraisal District. Family members of those eligible are also eligible to join.